How To Introduce Alphabets To The Toddlers
Hi. My name is Aleem.I am from a small town in India. I am an English language student. I am studying English in the United States of America. My favorite letter is E because there are 2 E’s in my name. It’s true that kids learning start from the alphabets and digits which are taught to them by their parents. They always try different trick of teaching on their toddlers which is mainly based on fun activity. There is one more question that whether we should make our toddlers learn alphabets and number this early. It almost depends on toddler’s interest. When they will grow up, they will have to go to school, so there is no point in pushing them to study. Let them enjoy this phase of life through playing with sand, splashing in water, riding the tricycle, collecting flowers from the park and anything which gives immense pleasure to the toddlers.
At the same time if the toddlers take interest in alphabets and numbers then there is no lose in introducing these concepts.
Here are a few tips by which you can achieve this:
1. Cut a large letter uppercase “A” out of construction paper and laminate it. Give it to your child saying, “Look, I made you an “A. Whenever you go with your child anywhere and as you see upper case “A’s,” point them out. “Look, on this cereal box: I found an “A.” or “Hey, on your Gap hat, there’s an “A” right in the middle.” Over the next few days, ask the child to find the “A” on those items. Resist the temptation to introduce more letters. Just cart that “A” around for a while, finding more here and there
2. Next make your child read an alphabet book. A good suggestion: As they come across letter “A” that the child knows, ask your child about it .There will be many more letters so pay particular attention to ‘B’ as they will get familiar with this letter also at the same time
3. Cut out a letter “B” now, and make sure your child can differentiate between the two. “Which one is the “A”?” you ask. If the child is unable to make the differentiation or recognize the word, she is not ready to learn the alphabet. Wait for a few days to start again
4. Teach your child the “ABC song,” explaining that the song begins with “A” and “B.” Emphasize those two letters as you sing
5. For your kids, buy plastic letters with magnetic backs to attach to the refrigerator. Only stick those letters on the refrigerator that you have already talked about
6. Apply a child’s personal favorite activities to continue introducing letters. For instance, a child who loves Play-doh will be fascinated as you create molded letters. A child who is fascinated with trains will love to drive them around letters you have decorated with train track. This will also create the zeal to learn the alphabets
7. Continue introducing the letters using the same method which is discussed above. Point them out as you see them in daily activities, finding them in the alphabet book, emphasizing them as you sing the alphabet song, adding them to the collection on the refrigerator and introducing them into a child’s favorite activities
This article has been written and posted by the team of OnlineSchoolAdmissions – a portal that provides free of cost consultancy to parents and schools for fast and easy online school admission process. Parents can locate agarwal public school indore or top boarding schools in india of their choice selected from the directory of schools listed on the site and applies to them. They can also search for best school in bangalore as per their choice and fill up the school application forms online.